Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 60

Thread: Let the crying commence Vols fans

  1. #31
    Inactive Member ut1's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 9th, 2001
    Posts
    89
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Let the crying commence Vols fans

    Quote Originally Posted by UTVols2 View Post
    For the love of god, kiffin did shake beamer hand he just didn't sit and exchange recipe's. I recorded it and went back and watched it because a VT buddy of mine made a big deal out of it. He watched it with me and said oh, guess he did. He got his ass handed to him on a platter and was outcoached in that game, he isn't gonna stick around exchange phone numbers with the guy. It was quick and he was out. Simple as that.

    My wife thought the same thing, that Kiffen had brushed Beamer off, but as you, I recorded the game. Anyone want a copy?

    I didn't get what I wanted, of course, which was a down-to-the-wire contest. IF UT had scored on that sure touchdown pass, I think momentum would have shifted as in the second quarter and the game would have been very tight.

    UT lost three games this year by under five points each. They could have as easily been 10-2 coming in, so I don't think anyone can say they were not a good team this year. Let's face it, VT wanted it more, and played like it. I was afraid the old Crompton might resurface, but I don't think he did. IF that one TD had happened, and IF his line had given him a little more protection, the game would have turned out to be the barnburner I was hoping for, and Crompton would have received credit instead of blame.

    I look forward to next year, as both teams are loaded with young players.
    Winners never quit, and quitters never win.

  2. #32
    Inactive Member GC-1's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2009
    Posts
    207
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Let the crying commence Vols fans

    You're right, he did shake his hand and I stand corrected. I found a replay and watched. I guess he wanted to hurry off the field after having Stinespring hand his daddy his A$$. And I suppose Foster spanked Lanes pretty good. 31 rushes for 5 net yards.
    "They (Miami) told me I wasn't big enough to play running back,'' said Ryan Williams with a snicker. "And they tried to offer me as an athlete or wide receiver."

  3. #33
    Inactive Member collegetrumpet2010's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2009
    Posts
    852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Let the crying commence Vols fans

    Quote Originally Posted by ut1 View Post
    My wife thought the same thing, that Kiffen had brushed Beamer off, but as you, I recorded the game. Anyone want a copy?

    I didn't get what I wanted, of course, which was a down-to-the-wire contest. IF UT had scored on that sure touchdown pass, I think momentum would have shifted as in the second quarter and the game would have been very tight.

    UT lost three games this year by under five points each. They could have as easily been 10-2 coming in, so I don't think anyone can say they were not a good team this year. Let's face it, VT wanted it more, and played like it. I was afraid the old Crompton might resurface, but I don't think he did. IF that one TD had happened, and IF his line had given him a little more protection, the game would have turned out to be the barnburner I was hoping for, and Crompton would have received credit instead of blame.

    I look forward to next year, as both teams are loaded with young players.
    Nice post.

    I've heard the UT fans play the strength of schedule card all season and many of them are now using the excuse that they were 7-5 and didn't deserve to be there.

    VT did give UT a few opportunities to turn it into a barnburner.

  4. #34
    Inactive Member SunTzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,434
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Let the crying commence Vols fans

    Quote Originally Posted by Biggin View Post
    Jesus christ, all this over beating a 7-5, 3rd place in the East, unranked UT team that was absolutely depleted by injuries?

    Congrats VT, you beat a team that finished 6th in the SEC! CONGRATS GUYS OMFG WHAT A GREAT WIN

    I would think a ranked team with 9 (now 10) wins would not care that much about beating a mediocre 7-6 team, boy was I wrong.

    and I am FAR from a UT fan, I hate UT, but for ****'s sake, VT fans act like this is winning the BCS title and the Super Bowl all wrapped in one.
    I'm sorry that Tech is not a member of the mighty SEC which is ready to enter the NFL along w/ the AFC and NFC as the SECC . Sorry that a 10 win season is unacceptable . Sorry that Tennessee can't field 22 players due to injuries . Tech was missing it's best secondary player cause he can't pass tests ; ) . Sorry for being an alum of VPI and wanting to enjoy their successes . Sorry the Chick-Filet Bowl is not a BCS bowl . Sorry that only Bama fans can celebrate a win . Sorry that a win in a rivalry game is no cause to be happy . Yes it is an unusual rivalry in that the teams seldom play but split part of a fanbase geographically . Sorry that Tech has not made that final leap to national prominence w/ a national championship . Sorry that Weaver has only recently started getting bigger names on the schedule which has to happen before that final step can be attained . Sorry that you haters hate . Sorry you haters cannot see the huge grin on my face . Later .
    Life is a grindstone . Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up , depends on what we are made of .

  5. #35
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Let the crying commence Vols fans

    Quote Originally Posted by GC-1 View Post
    You're right, he did shake his hand and I stand corrected. I found a replay and watched. I guess he wanted to hurry off the field after having Stinespring hand his daddy his A$$. And I suppose Foster spanked Lanes pretty good. 31 rushes for 5 net yards.
    That he did, ass whooping came down, I don't deny that and won't start now. The better team won, don't think anybody has said otherwise.

    As for your signature quote, Dorian is good friends with and went to high school with my cousin in Georgia. I think they talk quite regularly.

    Again, Congrats VT fans you own the bragging rights now and hopefully we will meet again in the near future. Bet there are a lot of VT fans this morning with pounding headaches
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  6. #36
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Let the crying commence Vols fans

    Quote Originally Posted by collegetrumpet2010 View Post
    Both teams have been saying "in your face" for several years

    LOL what is this a poorly written 1980's basketball movie now? I'm still a Vols fan. Hopefully they will get another shot. That freshman for tech is a stud
    GO VOLS

  7. #37
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Let the crying commence Vols fans

    Quote Originally Posted by SunTzu View Post
    I'm sorry that Tech is not a member of the mighty SEC which is ready to enter the NFL along w/ the AFC and NFC as the SECC . Sorry that a 10 win season is unacceptable . Sorry that Tennessee can't field 22 players due to injuries . Tech was missing it's best secondary player cause he can't pass tests ; ) . Sorry for being an alum of VPI and wanting to enjoy their successes . Sorry the Chick-Filet Bowl is not a BCS bowl . Sorry that only Bama fans can celebrate a win . Sorry that a win in a rivalry game is no cause to be happy . Yes it is an unusual rivalry in that the teams seldom play but split part of a fanbase geographically . Sorry that Tech has not made that final leap to national prominence w/ a national championship . Sorry that Weaver has only recently started getting bigger names on the schedule which has to happen before that final step can be attained . Sorry that you haters hate . Sorry you haters cannot see the huge grin on my face . Later .

    You dont have to apologize that stuffs not your fault.
    GO VOLS

  8. #38
    Inactive Member GC-1's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2009
    Posts
    207
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Let the crying commence Vols fans

    Quote Originally Posted by UTVols2 View Post
    That he did, ass whooping came down, I don't deny that and won't start now. The better team won, don't think anybody has said otherwise.

    As for your signature quote, Dorian is good friends with and went to high school with my cousin in Georgia. I think they talk quite regularly.

    Again, Congrats VT fans you own the bragging rights now and hopefully we will meet again in the near future. Bet there are a lot of VT fans this morning with pounding headaches
    yeah, Porch is one I'm gonna miss. Seems like a good, level headed kid. And I'm also going to miss watching Eric Berry at UT. Kid is a plain stud. Now that I've thrown a couple of jabs I'm going to say that UT does have a pretty good team. They have a lot injured and we Hokies know how that can hurt ala the Chick bowl vs UGA a couple years back where we were already without a couple of OL and then lost another during the game. It's hard to overcome. IMO UT's season turned around after the Auburn game when Kiffin let warren go. He must have been a real cancer.
    "They (Miami) told me I wasn't big enough to play running back,'' said Ryan Williams with a snicker. "And they tried to offer me as an athlete or wide receiver."

  9. #39
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Let the crying commence Vols fans

    It's gonna take a couple of years to get the talent level back up. We lose A LOT of good seniors with this class but overall talent is the lowest it has been in a while on the "full" roster. Losing 15-20 kids to work ethic, etc, doesn't help with the limit on kids you can bring in now in the SEC. I can't remember the exact numbers but you can't bring in more than 28 maybe with a couple you can back count for EE but not exact on those numbers.

    We will lose 4 of the 5 starting lineman........... a QB who in the 2nd half of the season was great......... a good hard nosed RB in Hardesty.......... a couple of **** good down lineman......... the 5th leading tackler at LB in UT history in McCoy......... and a two time All-American and one of the top 5 player in the University's history in EB.

    So A LOT of young kids will be thrown to the fire next season and I truly don't expect to have that good of a season next year. It would be a major accomplishment to make a bowl next season or come close to a 7-5 type season.

    I am usually a pretty optimistic person but you can't lose that type of leadership and seniority and expect to compete for a SEC title, but that's JMO.

    I do enjoy watching R. Williams run the ball and he should be an All-American next season. Also Bud Foster called one heckuva game yesterday, he dialed in the right blitzes at the right time in the right location.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  10. #40
    Inactive Member SunTzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,434
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Let the crying commence Vols fans

    I think Tech will have a hard time splitting carrires between 4 good backs .
    Life is a grindstone . Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up , depends on what we are made of .

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •